Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for a Network Engineer
Network Engineer - Firewalls (58208737)
Contract Duration: (12 months)
Location: Toronto, ON
• Work very closely with the Network Engineering Group and or Security Architecture to ensure seamless, integration of new security guidelines, policies and security systems throughout the Network.
• Provide rigorous testing for new network security and access tools, hardware to ensure a resilient and intrusion proof network.
• Provide technical security implementation leadership within Network Services on firewalls and other intrusion detection systems ensure eliminate network vulnerability.
• Provide administrative support and maintenance on Checkpoint Firewalls as required.
• Provide administrative support for Security Reviews, Vulnerability Assessments, Threat and Risk Assessments.
• Provide administrative support for Security Audits, Penetration Testing and Analysis and Intrusion Detection.
• Provide administrative support and maintenance on Bluecoat Proxy servers as required.
• Implementation and Support of Firewalls, Proxy, Security Policies, Procedures and Handbooks.
• Support the Internet and E-commerce environment to include maintenance of the Firewall (DNS, Proxies and Security).
• Provide administrative support for restricted users' access to the Internet; and vice versa.
• Responsible for security intrusion / worm attack prevention, determination, and resolution to prevent and minimize impact to the production.
• Responsible for immediate response to events (i.e. attacks) and complex network security and IPSec problems as they occur.
• Accountable for evaluating, implementing complex security-based network hardware and associated software tools-sets as required, on a project-by-project basis, i.e. Complex IMACs
• Minimum 7 years’ experience supporting firewalls in an extensive multi-vendor network (LAN/WAN/MAN) environment.
• Degree (or equivalent) in a discipline relevant to the demands of the position (i.e. Computer Science).
• Specialized Cisco Certification: CCIE-Security, CISSP (preferred)
• Ability to demonstrate a superior insight and skills adeptness on specialized network security technology or policy such as (but not limited to):
o Access (User-based) Security
o Distribution Layer Restriction policies on propagation of certain addressing.
o Core Layer firewalls (Checkpoint, PIX) for perimeter Security
• Intrusion Detection (IDS)
o Secure VPN Tunneling
o Security: Advanced knowledge of VPN-1 and FW-1 (CISCO ASA, Checkpoint, Nokia Platforms, Juniper and Fortinet)
o Network Security Engineering (Policies, Proxies, Authentication, etc)
o DNS support knowledge
o Authentication, Encryption, and General Access (passwords, restrictions, etc…)
• Ability to demonstrate extensive knowledge of security policy, guidelines, platforms
• Demonstrate excellent abilities in the areas of performance diagnostic and analytical skills pertaining to security issues
• Demonstrate excellent organizational, interpersonal, project leadership.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills coupled with a strong orientation towards customer service.
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!