Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for a Network Analyst
Network Analyst (59659563)
Contract Duration: (6 months)
Location: Toronto, ON
• Act as the primary implementation engineer for the update of end-to-end QoS configuration, in accordance with design/standards delivered by the client’s Network Engineering team, for a number of campus locations across Ontario.
• Review the in-scope network infrastructure and formulate an action plan to update the configuration to comply with standards provided by Network Engineering, including the clean-up/removal of any unnecessary legacy configuration.
• Work with the project team and network engineering to establish timelines for implementation
• Liaise with client internal network engineers and architects to resolve any design or software related problems that may arise throughout the course of the project.
• Ensure that QoS configuration is implemented consistently and successfully across all locations in scope for this project.
• Perform network QoS implementations outside of standard work hours to align with established maintenance windows (evenings work primarily; working from home with adjusted work hours is a possibility) following standard corporate change management processes.
• Perform network and security stress testing (DDoS simulations) in a lab environment against network infrastructure including Infoblox advanced security appliances.
• Validate technical and functional capabilities of the Infoblox advanced security appliances as it pertains to security and network defense.
• Perform proof of concept testing for Gigamon network visibility appliances (GigaVUE HC-2, HC-1) as it pertains to DNS logging and metadata forwarding.
• Provide regularly reporting of overall project status to the project delivery managers and direct manager on a regular basis.
• Documentation of new operational processes and traffic flows as they relate to both the QoS and lab testing.
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required.
• 5-7 years IT industry experience required.
• Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) certification or related knowledge work experience an asset.
• Strong understanding of standards based QoS Packet marking (DSCP, PHB, COS).
• Strong familiarity with the way QoS is configured across a variety of Cisco IOS, IOS-XE & NX-OS platforms (i.e. Software vs Hardware Queuing, WRED, NAR etc.).
• Knowledge of the DNS protocol and DNS servers such as Infoblox or BIND.
• Knowledge of network stress testing tools such as IXIA/Breaking Point/Perfect Storm, iPerf.
• Working knowledge of virtualization concepts (virtual machine, hypervisor, hardware abstraction, VMware, etc).
• Programming skills including PERL, Python, and RESTful API integration as they pertain to the software defined data center considered an asset
• Knowledge and/or experience with working with automation or orchestration tools such as Puppet, Ansible, Jenkins, Powershell is considered an asset.
• Excellent communication skills are must (able to comprehend, critically think, not just verbal etc). After hours work and timeshifting to accommodate would be required
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!