Are you aware that the Canadian IT Market has picked up significantly and Modis Canada is actively representing an elite list of clients that are in need of top technology talent? As a valued consultant of the Modis family, our organization wants to make you aware of employment opportunities.
Our client is looking to engage a Applications Specialist – Java.
If you are actively seeking a challenge and feel that the below mentioned role is suitable, please immediately communicate your interest, as the position is time sensitive. If you are currently engaged on a project or the role does not fit your profile, please advise us of your availability or the desired role and rate.
Applications Specialist – Java (40933408)
One of Modis clients is currently looking for a Applications Specialist – Java for a contract position.
• Solid and in-depth knowledge in Java, J2EE and Web based application design/development and support
• Solid knowledge in essentials of object-oriented (OO) programming concepts and terminology with performing OO requirements gathering, analysis and design
• Solid knowledge in Java API's, including primitive wrapper classes, collections, I/O, threads and exceptions
• Knowledge in Oracle Portal to WebSphere Application integration, and DB2 UDB, Oracle and SQL Server database.
• Knowledge in Accounts Receivable, Claim Processing and Financial application functionality is definitely an asset.
• Minimum 5 years developing, debugging, and testing server-side applications using IBM Rational Application Developer V7.5/v8.x and IBM WebSphere Application Server V7.x/8.x
• Building, packaging and performing integration testing of a Java EE application using IBM WebSphere Application Server V7.x/8.x.
• Developing Web applications using Java technologies: Struts, Servlets, JSP, HTML, CSS, JSF, AJAX, Tiles API, Spring, Log4J, iText, CSV
• Performing HTTP/HTTPS session life-cycle management and event handling model
• Using the Java Persistence API (JPA) and accessing data in relational databases such as Oracle, DB2, SQL Server
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.