Responsible for the overall design, implementation, and integrity of applications across a heterogeneous environment incorporating multiple operating platforms as well as home grown applications, custom off the shelf software and cloud based components. Also responsible for ensuring that the solutions delivered are engineered in accordance with their defined business requirements and corporate technology standards.
- Ensure compliance with corporate architectural standards, architect the analysis, design, development, integration and implementation of assigned projects
- Create, assess and evaluate technical solutions that will address the business needs
- Develop strategies for the implementation and sustainment of key technology areas
- Hands-on development experience on designing and implementing in the web/mobile applications.
- Contribute to the development of RFIs, RFPs, business cases, estimates and technical architecture documents
- Review and recommend new opportunities, solutions, tools and approaches to better serve the long-term architectural direction of the business
- Provide excellent customer service, leadership, communication, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Demonstrate strong prioritization, time management and organizational skills
- Experience in architecture, design, application development and systems integration
- Experience with architecture and system design within an agile project methodology
- Experience in designing and implementing complex, multi-tier, end-to-end enterprise solutions (web, mobile, and integration with vendors)
- Experience in implementing solutions incorporating components from 3rd party cloud based service providers
- Ability to interpret and refine business requirements using a variety of mediums (i.e. interviewing stakeholders, prototyping, etc).
- Adept at recognizing patterns in business processes and discovering common features as candidates for potential software/service reusability.
- Ability to develop high level design documents addressing the business, infrastructure, security, support, and operational needs of a solution
- Demonstrated capacity for problem solving, synthesis, and making sound recommendations and decisions
- Demonstrated experience with service based architectures (SOA)
- General understanding of Enterprise Architecture (EA) and the TOGAF framework; ability to contribute to the development of EA artifacts
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including polished presentation skills with the ability to deliver technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences in a clear and understandable manner
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to lead assignments/teams and mentor others
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in an IT Architecture role Should include several assignments that span the entire application development lifecycle including: defining requirements, architecture, prototyping, software and/or user interface design, database design and/or testing, implementation and technical documentation
- A university degree or college diploma in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related IT discipline
- Previous experience working on large enterprise scale applications with various integration points.
- Previous experience with Architecture Modeling tools would be beneficial
"Modis is one of the world's largest and most respected providers of Information Technology Resource Management (ITRM) services."
Please note that your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission.
Thank you for your interest, however only those being considered for this role will be contacted.