Business Systems Analyst
Modis has a requirement for a Business systems analyst for one of its government clients based out in Ottawa.
Position: Business Systems analyst
Contract goes up to next March 2018
Must have enhanced / reliability security clearance.
- A minimum of ten (10) years professional work experience within the IT field with a minimum of six (6) years experience as a Business Systems Analyst.
- Must have experience planning, coordinating and conducting Joint Application Design (JAD) sessions.
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years experience gathering information from a variety of sources, analyzing and synthesizing the information and communicating findings and/or recommendations to different audiences.
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years software development lifecycle (SDLC) experience.
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years experience with project management techniques and practices.
- Must have a minimum of three (3) years experience working with variety of stakeholders (e.g. SMEs, Architects, Executives/Managers, Developers, End Users, etc.) to identify, analyze and define business requirements within a federal government landscape.
- Providing expert advice and advocacy for the expansion and delivery of collaborative program planning services
- Rapidly responding to ad hoc questions using a variety of methods to gather and summarize information and/or recommendations
- Planning, coordinating and/or conducting Joint Application Design (JAD) sessions
- Investigating and researching emerging technologies and topics and synthesizing information for presentation to Executives, Management, Architects and team members
- Helping translate and bridge the gap between business-speak and IT-speak (e.g. translating business vision, high-level business needs/ideas for input to IT architecture artefacts and in the reverse, translating technology into business-oriented terms)
- Helping develop and/or interpret storyboards, business requirements, use cases, business and system models and/or context diagrams
Qualified and interested candidates are invited to submit their resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org
Modis would like to thank all candidates for submitting to this job opportunity, however, only those with the above qualifications clearly demonstrated in their resumes will be contacted for further instruction and submitted to the client.