Programmer/Analyst Job, Ottawa, ON
Modis is searching for a Programmer/Analyst for a long-term contract position in the Ottawa area for our government client.
The successful candidate must possess the following skills and experience:
• Minimum ten (10) years of experience analyzing IT solution options and presenting recommendations.
• Minimum ten (10) years of experience in developing Enterprise Applications for Java/ J2EE Platform.
• Strong experience working with a communication protocol with XML.
• Minimum five (5) years of recent experience in Object Oriented Analysis and design.
• Experience designing applications using Unified Modeling Language (creating UML diagrams, including state chart, class diagram, sequence charts, and other UML diagrams) and working on projects that use RUP or similar methodology.
• Experience working project using iterative approach.
• Experience working in a team environment, training/ mentoring other team members.
• Experience providing technical input for planning and development on complex projects consisting of at least ten (10) development team members.
• Experience in providing technical expertise in the design, construction, testing, integration and implementation of software products.
• Experience providing solutions, building, connecting, and testing functions to address business requirements.
The following would be considered an asset:
• Experience developing web applications using the Treasury Board WET (Web Experience Toolkit).
• Experience using GIT Version Control System when developing web applications.
• Experience using Hibernate ORM framework.
• Experience using continuous integration tools (i.e. Jenkins/Hudson, Bamboo, or Cruise Control).
Modis would like to thank all candidates for submitting to this job opportunity, however, only those with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted for further instruction and submission to the client.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!