Our Government of Canada client requires a System Administrator - Level 2 to install, monitor, upgrade and maintain operating systems, hardware and software used in their IT environment.
The System Administrator may be required to perform any combination of the following:
- Install, monitor, upgrade and maintain operating systems.
- Install, monitor, upgrade and maintain hardware and software.
- Work with Business Analysts, Project Managers, Developers, and clients and stakeholders to maintain and improve software performance.
- Apply problem solving skills to troubleshoot and resolve technical problems.
- Ensure timely and reliable system administration procedures, such as backup and recovery.
- Analyze system performance and recommend improvements.
- Analyze servers needed , processing power, licenses required , proper application Zoning, environments required , ip addresses needed on each boxes.
- Install/setup applications
- Build application build book and run book to document the installation and behavior of the application.
- Also to document the dependencies and infrastructure around the application.
- Analyze and request firewall rules to be opened
- Request DNS aliases , Nated Ip addresses, application certificates.
- Create/maintain Infrastructure diagrams
- Create bamboo deployment scripts
- Experience with Bash scripting. Knowledge of Perl and PHP.
- Experience with the installation and configuration of Tomcat, Weblogic, MicroSoft IIS
- Place du Portage III, Gatineau, Québec, Canada
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org
Modis would like to thank all candidates for submitting to this job opportunity, however, only those with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted for further instruction and submission to the client.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you