Principal Lead Engineer
Modis has a requirement for a “Principal Lead Engineer – Wireless” for one of their private sector clients based out in Ottawa. It’s a full-time permanent role.
Position: Principal Lead Engineer – Wireless
- Lead design teams through full product development and into production.
- Consult on system architectures, assess technical requirements, oversee design progressions during product developments.
- Support product integrity activities and interact with senior engineers, account primes, and customers.
- Represent company’s Design Engineering in technical customer discussions / meetings.
- Work with Project Managers in the quoting process.
- Provide technical input to help identify and solve project risks that may affect overall project plans and schedules.
- Lead the development and implementation of platform and product architectures in collaboration with senior technical staff.
- Guide and oversee the development of system component requirements, interfaces, and specifications necessary to maintain the consistency and integrity of the architectures.
- Specify, design and validate Telecom and Networking products
- Support the development of SOW/RFP responses, working with marketing, system architect and program management teams to ensure technical content of the SOW/RFP meet customer requirement.
Education & Experience Requirements
- Must have strong knowledge of Wireless Networking elements (RRUs, DAS, BBUs) and sub-components (optics, ASICs, FPGAs).
- Experience in designing and debugging elements consisting of large commercial devices from several suppliers is essential. Understanding of Antennas, RF elements and PAs is considered an asset.
- Master’s degree in Engineering from an accredited four-year college or university Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
- Plus, a minimum of 11-12 years of related experience and/or training.
- With a minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Lead Engineer.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to understand functionality splits between Hardware and Software and efficiently integrate functions that require both Hardware and Software.
Qualified and interested candidates are invited to submit their resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Modis would like to thank all candidates for submitting to this job opportunity, however, only those with the above qualifications clearly demonstrated in their resumes will be contacted for further instruction and submitted to the client.