Business Analyst/Analyste d'affaire - Data Management
Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Data Management, this role will be involved in developing and maintaining the roadmaps along with business partners and senior architects within the organization. The position involves being the representative of several business units within the technology organization. An ability to understand both the business and the technology is a major driving factor to success in this role. Defining and converting initiatives into projects is central to the day-to-day activities of this position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collect, document, and analyze workflows, as well as develop business process models in collaboration with multidisciplinary stakeholders.
- Facilitate process design sessions to produce detailed process flows and associated documentation.
- Interview system stakeholders and record and organize results, requirements, and recommendations.
- Document current and future state business processes, define and document functional requirements, and conduct information flow analysis and process modeling within and across all disciplines and administrative components.
- Analyze process gaps and information flow obstacles or system issues, and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Align business processes.
- Define user needs and business requirements for applications and systems.
- Translate business needs into high-level technical requirements and solutions.
- Prepare and present related material to project teams, steering committees, and/or stakeholder organizations.
- Analyze information to establish recommendations for improvements in system effectiveness and efficiency.
- A bachelor's degree in computer science, computer systems engineering, software engineering, Information Management or Information Technology or a related discipline.
- 5 years of experience in formal methods for business analysis requirements gathering, modeling, and diagramming.
- Broad industry experience in Business Process Re-engineering, including business area analysis, process mapping, and business process re-engineering.
- Experience as the Business Analyst in at least one Master Data Management project.
- Understanding and experience with different software development methodologies, including SCRUM/Agile.
- The successful candidate will have the following competencies: Strong analytical skills, critical thinking, strong organization skills good collaboration skills, strong work ethic, initiative and the drive to succeed.
- Superior Communications Skills. This position requires the candidate to be able to seamlessly, precisely, and unambiguously communicate with technical teams, project managers as well as senior business leadership - written and verbally.