Apple & PC Desktop Support Technician Job in Vancouver, BC
We have immediate job openings for several Desktop Support Technicians with one of our most well-known clients in Vancouver, BC. The client has an extremely modern environment with state-of-the-art technology and both PC and Apple Mac hardware on-site. They employ hundreds of technicians across the states and are looking for IT Professionals to join their business initiative to help support one of their newest clients in the creative industry.
If you are a progressive IT Support Technician, skilled with both PC and Apple hardware, we'd love to speak with you. This is an opportunity to work for a company that is an industry leader with an enterprise-level environment that uses the latest technology. Additionally, the facility is populated by some of the most creative and driven professionals in today’s workforce.
Responsible for performing a wide array of onsite problem determination and resolution processes of PC and Apple desktop hardware and software by means of hardware maintenance, repairs, software installations and general configurations and support. Will have knowledge of support procedures for many applications including PCs, Apple Macintosh, laptops, office phones, and mobile devices and will be required to not only perform IMAC activities.
· Install new / rebuild existing PC’s and Macs configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, among others.
· Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware.
· Perform Installs, Moves, Adds and Change (IMAC) activities, as well as data backup and restorations.
· Organize and coordinate activities associated with installation, deployment, and upgrade of software (Windows and OSX), hardware, voice/video and network facilities as it relates to the deskside environment.
· Verifies completion of all scheduled jobs, including backups.
· Resolves problems and performs IMACs within all client SLAs.
· Provide on-going education and training to non-technical end-users.
· Propose changes or solutions to products and services for optimal business results as well as investigate customer relationship problems.
· Troubleshooting abilities consisting of Windows XP/7/8.1/10 and Apple Mac (OSX) operating systems, and PC/Mac hardware.
· Familiarity with how to troubleshoot and configure devices including iOS iPhones, iPads, and Mac books
· Network knowledge and connectivity troubleshooting experience (TCP/IP, DHCP, and DNS).
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to remain current with changing technology as it relates to Customer Support.
· Knowledge of multiple computer software applications.
· Typically requires 5-8 years of deskside PC support experience
· Typically requires 2-3 years of Apple Macintosh (OSX) experience (Apple Genius experience is great too!)
· Bonus Points: Degree in Computer Science and/or related field and/or industry certifications (i.e. CompTIA A+, Net+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA, Apple Certified Macintosh Technician, Pro Apps certifications, Apple Certified Technical Coordinator (ACTC), Apple Certified System Administrator (ACSA), Apple Certified Media Administrator (ACMA), Xsan 2 Administrator, Apple Certified Associate in iWork, etc...)
We are actively interviewing and looking to make offers immediately. These Desktop Support jobs in Vancouver, BC will not be available for long. Apply today or call 844.224.9324 for more information!
OSX, OS X, Apple, Mac, Macintosh, Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, PC, Windows, 7, 8, 10, network, software, hardware, desktop, deskside, analyst, PC Support Specialist, technician, troubleshooting