Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for a Senior IT Project Manager
Senior IT Project Manager (57482249)
Contract Duration: (10 months)
Location: Toronto, ON
• Liaise with internal/external stakeholders and client governance committees to ensure project deliverables and dependencies are successfully delivered
• Responsible for end-to-end project management from design and development to production while adhering to established client project/testing methodologies and methods.
• Partner with team members for day to day operational aspects of projects to ensure adherence to scope, conferring with senior managers to outline the work breakdown schedule, and modifying schedules or plans as required and effectively following acceptable project methodology.
• Ensure IT project scope, deliverables, goals and milestones are communicated and documentation is provided for sign off
• Work closely with stakeholders in defining business and technical requirements, and support the business through this process by keeping stakeholders informed through the process and using information provided in order to meet business needs.
• Maintain and update technical and project documentation, and also maintain a clear and concise documented process for the implementation and integration of projects
• Knowledge acquired through completion of a post-secondary degree in engineering or a technology related field with Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or equivalent
• A minimum of 15 years of IT Project Management or IT Management and scheduling, budgeting, risk, and project control experience
• Must have proven and demonstrated experience in coordinating with outsourced IT Infrastructure service providers and third party suppliers to deliver complex migration projects
• Experience coordinating and supporting IT Testing processes
• Demonstrated project management skills with a solid understanding of project management methodologies in order to effectively manage multiple highly complex IT projects
• Senior level experience identifying resource requirements to internal and external resources, tracking project Risk, Action, Issues, Decisions (RAID), and provide various levels of status reporting.
• Conceptual and analytical skills to assess and evaluate needs and cost/benefit analysis for new infrastructure technology requirements, in planning and designing solutions.
• Knowledge of complex IT system development and design methodologies and processes.
• Superior written and oral communication skills to develop and present various project documentation including business cases, briefing notes, action plans, executive summaries, technical reports etc.
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!