Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for a Senior Project Manager
Senior Project Manager (57762218)
Contract Duration: (12 months)
Location: Toronto, ON
• Be responsible to the PMO, Senior Management, business and technical stakeholders for all aspects of assigned projects.
• Efficiently plan resource capacity for project(s) to work with business/technology management to assure continued feasibility of their projects as planned from a resource capacity perspective; controlling and evaluating project mitigation decisions and change recommendations to meet project delivery with required quality; ensuring appropriate balance of project time/cost/quality to meet promised project delivery while adhering to portfolio and client standards.
• Lead teams of technical staff, client representatives, consultants, vendors and other intra/interdivisional stakeholders to implement projects effectively.
• Manage and lead the development of detailed scope requirements, blueprinting, budgeting, resource management, planning, scheduling, issues, risk and change management and quality/testing plans
• Manage, monitor and report project delivery and financial status and maintain decision, risk and issues logs in compliance with standard process and methods
• Prepare, manage and control project budgets. Negotiate and document changes involving scope, timelines and budget impacting the project
• Assist in determining project requirements, conducting research and evaluations, and obtaining all approvals and signoffs, as needed.
• Effectively oversee project staff (direct reports, matrixed reports, contractors, and interns), delegating work to appropriate leads
• Efficiently communicate to stakeholders to manage expectations and project progress
• Ensure that necessary risk assessments are continually reviewed and monitored and proactively addressed in a timely fashion
• Develop, manage, and report on detailed project plans of varying complexity, recommending actions to meet project requirements.
• Ensure effective teamwork, supervise project staff, including consultants and vendors, in their daily activities, either directly or through project leads and/or supervisors
• Ensure the delivered business solution is complaint with corporate IT standards.
• Extensive experience in managing large-scale projects and/or programs of significant complexity and value with high risk; specifically, transformational enterprise-wide IT projects impacting multi-departmental environments (including budget and timeline management, scope management, estimating and managing project resources, risk/issue management, timely decision making, critical path identification, etc.)
• Successful candidates must have 10+ years of professional Project Management experience, exhibiting clear, practical knowledge of tools and techniques for planning, organizing, executing, monitoring and controlling complex IT projects.
• Must have Bachelors or equivalent degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field. Should have an active PMP (or equivalent) certification. Practitioner or Advance ITIL certifications an Asset
• Extensive experience in using project management tools for planning and implementing complex projects and packages (experience working in a matrix project management environment using tools such as Microsoft EPM would be a definite asset). Proven capabilities for developing and maintaining complex project delivery schedules within MS Project 2007 or later is required.
• Excellent relationship management and consulting skills; ability to quickly earn the trust of sponsors and key stakeholders, mobilize and motivate teams; set direction and approach, resolve conflicts, execute with limited information and ambiguity.
• Demonstrated experience across all stages of complex information/data management and application development projects, from initiation to closing.
• Clear proficiency and experience in contract negotiations, procurement procedures and Vendor and Contract Management. Hands-on experience in preparing a range of project and formal contractual documents. The ability to recommend and implement security, privacy and quality assurance requirements as well as corporate and legislated standards for confidential data would be an asset.
• Effective consulting relationship-building capability with corporate clients and vendors, with a strong customer service orientation. Demonstrated adaptability and situational leadership, coaching, and relationship management skills. Must possess the ability to establish and maintain productive working relations and partnerships with clients, vendors, peers and team members
• Proven track record in managing large teams of 30+ team members, including staff, partner organizations, SI firms and independent consultants, in a matrix environment. Must also have extensive practical experience and knowledge with techniques for planning, organizing, and monitoring multiple IT projects simultaneously
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!