Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for an IT Project Manager
IT Project Manager (57813119)
Contract Duration: (6 months)
Location: Toronto, ON
• Develop, track and manage project budget, project plans, timelines and scope.
• Effectively oversee project staff (direct reports, matrixed reports, contractors, and interns), delegating work to appropriate leads.
• Efficiently communicate to stakeholders to manage expectations and project progress.
• Ensure that necessary risk assessments are continually reviewed and monitored and proactively addressed in a timely fashion.
• Facilitate the User Acceptance Testing process, developing rollout plans and procedures.
• Make presentations to steering committees or project sponsors.
• Manage medium to large scale projects working collaboratively with business stakeholders, vendors, and technical resources.
• Manage project resources including procuring project staff, developing, motivating, coaching and advising.
• Partner closely with other members of functional project teams to define business requirements.
• Prepare and present cost-benefit analyses.
• Successfully plan, execute, control and close projects against defined scope and budget using the client’s procedures and policies.
• 8-10 years’ experience as a Project Manager
• Experience with UMA – Unified Managed Accounts
• Experience project managing or working with portfolio managed products and services
• Understanding of fee-based account types
• Good understanding of investment products: MFs, Equities, FI
• Full service brokerage background
• Understanding of Private Wealth, Wealth Management, Wealth Products
• Understanding of brokerage operations
• Able to help business and technology partners sort through early planning of a program
• Ability to facilitate complex discussion and negotiate compromises
• Ability to mobilize business and technology resources towards meeting tight timelines
• Experience with account oversight (with respect to risk and appropriateness of trades/holdings)
• Business Project Management - this is not a technical PM role, more on the business side
• Wealth Management and wealth products
• UMA experience - this is beneficial because they will be bring discretionary and non-discretionary products together under one umbrella to have them all in one packaged account
• Brokerage Background
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!