Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for a Project Manager
Project Manager (57995678)
Contract Duration: (6 months)
Location: Toronto, ON
• Develop the project charter, work breakdown structure, project plan, project schedule, issue and change management processes, risk management plans
• Prepare and track project schedules, budgets, procurement management plan (if applicable)
• Create the resource management plan and responsibility matrix
• Establish the project governance and control structure
• Ensure that the business requirements elicitation process has been adequately completed
• Prepare the quality management plan as well as leading the quality assurance and testing plans
• Monitor, control, and report on the quality assurance and quality control testing activities
• Manage the development of the implementation/cutover strategy, plan and schedule of activities
• Develop and maintain the project budget
• Communicate project progress against plans and budgets
• Obtain stakeholder signoff on key deliverables
• Oversee development and monitor the training plan
• Managing the project closeout and lessons learned review
• Ensure project management skills/knowledge transfer to the staff leads working on the project
• Apply Software Development Life Cycle and Project Management Methodology
• University degree in computer science or a related discipline with extensive development and sustainment experience in large scale IT solutions or the approved equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
• A minimum of 10+ years hands-on experience in information technology(IT) project management in Government jurisdictions and or large private sector organizations. Excellent management consulting skills and experience to advise, guide, facilitate and produce quality deliverables
• Solid experience in Software Development Life Cycle, planning, implementation of Enterprise application and Project Management Methodology, demonstrating flexibility and adaptability and innovative approaches to Project Management
• Demonstrated experience in and knowledge of current project management tools and techniques for information technology projects
• Demonstrated ability to plan, coordinate and follow-up on the work of teams of resources consisting of finance and municipal government business stakeholders, information & technology stakeholders, and contract resources
• Solid experience in facilitation and coordination with various stakeholders and interest groups to identify current and optimal implementation deliverables.
• Experience generating reports and reporting work assignment progress against budget and assessing performance on a project basis
• Demonstrated ability to prepare and manage project documents (e.g. business case, detailed budgets, charters, logs, plans, schedules, etc.)
• Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with corporate clients, vendors, and team members: strong customer service orientation. Experience in stakeholders management and issues resolutions to achieve project goals and deliverables.
• Ability to work effectively as a team member and to work collaboratively with others in a multidisciplinary team as well as hybrid environment of union and non-union employees
• Broad knowledge and experience of various aspects of information and technology coupled with business and operational knowledge and expertise
• Knowledge of Municipal Government work environment is highly desirable.
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!