Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for a Project Manager
Project Manager (58056357)
Contract Duration: (12 months)
Location: Toronto, ON
• Be responsible to Executive and Senior management, business and technical stakeholders for assigned projects.
• Manage and lead the development of detailed scope requirements, budgeting, resource management, planning, scheduling, monitoring and reporting progress as well as managing issues, risks and change requests.
• Prepare, manage and control project budgets. Negotiate and document changes involving scope, timelines and budget impacting the project.
• Determine project requirements, conducting research and evaluations, and obtaining all approvals and signoffs.
• Lead teams of technical staff, client representatives, contractors, consultants, vendors and other intra/interdivisional stakeholders to implement projects effectively.
• Develop, manage, and report on detailed project plans of varying complexity, recommending policies and procedures to meet program-specific requirements.
• Oversee and conduct recruitment, labour relations, performance appraisal, training and staff supervision, ensuring effective teamwork, high standards of work quality and performance as well as continuous learning, and encouraging innovation.
• Supervise project staff, including consultants and vendors, in their daily activities, either
• directly or through your team lead or supervisor within a matrix environment, monitoring performance and compliance, and arranging remuneration.
• Lead, facilitate, and contribute to the design, creation, development and sustainment of corporate IT standards.
• A university degree in Computer Science or a related discipline (or an equivalent combination of education and experience).
• Considerable experience in Project Management. Demonstrated experience end to end transformation projects within the Public Sector: may include Contact Centre, Multi-Channel Service Delivery, Business Process Management, Portal and Online Services, Mobile Applications.
• CRM experience: SaaS Applications and Cloud Services. Experience with the following technologies: Salesforce or other equivalent Client Relationship Management solutions.
• Certification in Scrum Master/Agile development project management methodologies. Project Management Professional certification and ITIL certification are considered a strong asset.
• Considerable experience managing large-scale projects/programs of significant complexity and value with high risk.
• Extensive experience in managing all aspects of transformational enterprise-wide IT projects in complex multi-departmental environments (including budget and timeline management, scope management, estimating and managing project resources, risk management, issues management, timely decision making, critical path identification, business transformation, data transformation/migration, user experience optimization, etc.)
• Extensive experience in contract negotiations, procurement procedures and Vendor and Contract Management. Hands-on experience in preparing a range of project and formal contractual documents.
• Extensive experience in stakeholder engagement while working with multi-disciplinary teams.
• Demonstrated experience across all stages of complex, enterprise information management projects, from initiation to closing.
• Extensive experience in using project management tools for planning and implementing complex projects and packages (experience working in a matrix project management environment using tools such as Microsoft Enterprise Project Management and JIRA would be a definite asset).
• Excellent relationship management and consulting skills; ability to quickly earn the trust of sponsors and key stakeholders, mobilize and motivate teams; set direction and approach, resolve conflicts, execute with limited information and ambiguity.
• Expert presentation, written and verbal communication skills, clarity and precision.
• Effective consulting relationship-building capability with corporate clients and vendors, with a strong customer service orientation.
• The capacity to work effectively both as a team member and collaboratively on a multidisciplinary team.
• The ability to effectively coach, train, and provide work direction to other project staff as well as appraise work outcomes and quality.
• Seasoned decision-making and critical thinking capabilities, with a working knowledge of effective tools and techniques for solving problems; analyzing possible risks and recommending a mitigation approach from a number of possible choices, often creating new options with input from team members.
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!