Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for a Project Manager
Project Manager (58568563)
Contract Duration: (12 months)
Location: Toronto, ON
• Manage multi-disciplinary team to develop and implement new policies, processes and systems across Wheel-Trans
• Manage and report on program budget, schedule, risks and overall progress against stated goals and objectives
• Develop and provide high level strategies and guidance on specific program initiatives, consistent with overall vision and direction established by Senior Management
• Oversee public communications to customers, external stakeholders and government partners
• Oversee employee engagement activities to support change management, requirements and needs gathering, and process change
• Support program team members to produce deliverables on-time and at a high quality
• Provide technical expertise as beneficial on Public Transportation operations, including demand-response, fixed-route and Community Bus operations
• Develop and present executive updates and presentations
• Define program team structure, roles and responsibilities
• Must hold current Project Management Professional (PMP) certification from PMI
• Minimum 7 years’ experience as an IT project manager.
• Minimum 3 years of Project Management experience delivering projects with a focus on public transit and/or accessible transit.
• Expertise with MS Project or Oracle Primavera P6 EPPM;
• Experience using SharePoint as a document repository and using MS Office Suite including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Experience successfully delivering large business transformation projects with a focus on process re-engineering
• Experience leading IT projects and in applying project management fundamentals by managing scope, quality, budgets, risks, issues, vendors, teams, and stakeholder relationships
• Ability to expertly manage stakeholders (IT technical staff, business users, senior management, client Board, City, and Wheel-Trans customers), deliverables, manage expectations, and adapt to changing business needs.
• Ability to develop project presentations and related documentation such as Steering Committee presentations, Project Charters, Project Change Requests, as well as reviewing and contributing to Business Requirements, Communication Plans, Training Plans, and Implementation Plans
• Demonstrated ability to manage and work with multi-discipline teams, deal with complex issues, and maintain effective working relationships; and demonstrated ability to negotiate and mediate for the successful resolution of project issues;
• Ability to influence without authority, and to sell recommendations and solutions by stating advantages and value in business terms.
• Sound judgment; highly developed management, organizational, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills; excellent analytical and problem solving skills; ability to prepare and interpret complex reports, recognize problems and evaluate solutions;
• Must have or rapidly acquire a comprehensive knowledge of the following:
• Ontario Human Rights Code and Related Orders including disability accommodation and accessibility requirements pertaining to passengers and employees.
• Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) 2005.
• Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA)
• Willingness to quickly learn and adhere to the client’s Health and Safety policies and procedures in the workplace.
• Practical experience and working knowledge of Primavera P6 (v8.3 desirable)
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!