Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for a Senior Project Manager
Senior Project Manager (58621503)
Contract Duration: (12 months)
Location: Toronto, ON
• Has experience, wisdom and maturity developed to know how to be insightful and versatile
• Will work out what needs to be done and take care of it for the good of the program / project (all behind the scenes if need be)
• Is approachable couple with a persistent and assertive personality with high work ethic
• Build strong context of the program / project subject matter
• Can communicate up, down and across. Can assemble a room of people and drive results
• The ability to influence and negotiate without formal authority.
• Guides the end-to-end project(s) including design, development, and implementation of enterprise web-based business solutions.
• Identify and define client requirements for the purpose of developing a suitable solution to meet the business needs.
• Translation of business requirements into specifications, including translating system design into program design specifications and its documentation.
• Create the overall project strategy. Create, execute and control plans, and manage the change control process.
• Coordinate, interact and engage with other project team members in the execution of the technical plan.
• Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
• Develop full-scale project plans, project charters and associated communication documents to report project progress, providing frequent verbal and written progress reports on the status of projects providing action plans or recommendations on project deployment to project sponsors.
• Be a Liaison and integration between business lines and technology.
• Identify and evaluate current and future change requirements.
• Motivate and lead project teams to work as a cohesive unit and ensure the completeness of projects by cultivating relationships with operational staff, consultants and management.
• Ensure awareness of risks and issues that impact current and future projects.
• Manage expectations resolve conflict and elicit support and cooperation.
• Manage the activities of consultants and vendors regarding their project commitments
• Clearly articulate roles and responsibilities within the project
• Monitor the team performance on a regular basis and notifying management in the event that corrective action is required, with purposed options in place.
• Exceptional understanding and experience in Information Management and Business Intelligence architecture and solutions including data mapping, database implementations; self-service reporting
• Strong understanding of next–gen Business intelligence platforms and cognitive analytics and Advanced Analytics like Machine Learning, Big Data, Natural Language Processing
• Quality management assurance activities on data and applications to ensure security and integrity of data.
• Provide subject matter expertise and/or technical or professional advice Proactive management of project plans, project deliverables, work processes and performance reporting through ongoing review and evaluation
• Responsible for in-depth workshops with Technology and Business to elicit review, confirm and document functional specifications and requirements, business process re-engineering, information management architecture, data mapping, business models, and transformation rules and user interface design.
• Conduct impact analyses and assessments including AS-IS and TO-BE analysis and provide recommendations of options/solutions based on analysis.
• Create and develop new reporting and analytic products based on requirements provided using a wide range of BI platforms and tools
• Facilitate and document the ETL process, including translating system design into program design specifications and its documentation
• Create and develop data validation processes to ensure reliability and integrity of data solutions provided to the business
• Prepare briefing materials and provide status updates to senior leadership
• Identify opportunities and solutions to automate and streamline reporting and analytical solutions delivered to the business.
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!