Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for a Senior Business Project Manager
Senior Business Project Manager (58840743)
Contract Duration: (6 months)
Location: Toronto, ON
• Directs large-scale, complex projects often involving multiple internal and external constituents and matrix partners. Accountable party for defining, planning, orchestrating, and delivering assigned strategic projects, including all business, operational and Non IT deliverables.
• Manages all aspects of the project lifecycle and works with matrix business, corporate and IT partners to oversee all phases of the project, and to ensure that related project processes are completed as required (including, as applicable, change management, process management, transition to business/operations, system development, quality management, etc.).
• Within the context of the assigned project, responsible for building and sustaining the day-to-day relationships and communications (including project briefings) with stakeholders at various levels of the organization, including executive level, as well as other internal and external resources.
• Ensures end results are of the highest caliber with a clearly articulated scope and quantifiable business benefit.
• Ensures there is clear linkage between the business vision/context and the project scope and objectives.
• Chairs regular core team and key governance forums (e.g. Steering Committees, Operating Committees, Decision Forums) to review progress with key constituents.
• Represents the interests of the project or program in various project governance and inter-department forums. Rigorously manages scope to ensure commitments are achieved within agreed on time, cost, and quality parameters.
• Defines and tracks project milestones while developing, maintaining, and reporting on an overall integrated delivery plan. Develops or ensures development of project artifacts including charter, integrated plan, resource plan, contingency plan, and related PM artifacts, while complying with applicable enterprise standards (e.g. Project Management, Risk, Audit, Compliance).
• Monitors and controls the project.
• Proposes recommendations and adjustments to the Accountable Executive and publishes periodic project status reports.
• Contributes to improve the best practices of the project management community within the Enterprise to help drive consistency, transparency and execution excellence on projects.
• University Degree and/or 5-7 years’ relevant work experience
• Industry-specific knowledge and experience is an asset
• PM experience
• Relationship Management and consulting skills.
• Change leadership and management skills.
• Risk management skills.
• Experience working within a highly matrixed organization and the ability to navigate effectively.
• Experience with Stakeholder management and influencing skills.
• Experience presenting, written and verbally to executive levels bringing clarity and precision to the group
• Problem-solving and critical-thinking skills
• Knowledge and expertise in the use of project management methodologies and tools: Clarity, MS Project, and Sharepoint repositories
• Experience with systems development life cycle (sdlc) if applicable
• Business and technical acumen.
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!