Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for a Senior Project Manager
Senior Project Manager (59149805)
Contract Duration: (12 months)
Location: Toronto, ON
• Managing the delivery of technical project objectives to ensure a successful implementation towards established deliverables and milestones as well as sponsor and partner expectations.
• Working with management, client and technical teams to identify facilitate and resolve risks, issues, barriers to success, cross functional dependencies, tasks and prerequisites required for project deployment and success.
• Work in partnership with the Technical Team Lead in the joint planning, identification and assignment of tasks, execution and coordination of chosen methodology (Agile/Waterfall) and ensure Technical Team Lead and assigned resources are accountable and tracking to plan dates.
• Managing project resources to ensure alignment to project plan and deliverables.
• Day to day project management including project related communications, status reports, risk identification and management, escalation of issues.
• Running and facilitating project status meetings and project reporting, including monthly project status reports.
• Completing all assigned project deliverables and associated documentation at sufficient levels of detail to communicate to a broad audience.
• Presentation and participation as required, in key executive meetings, including but not limited to Executive Steering Committee, Strategic Client Meetings, and Client Governance meetings.
• Communicating to and soliciting information from a variety of technical and functional experts.
• Attending, participating and/or leading meetings and discussions, particularly those that will have a high disruption factor to the community of users.
• Managing Issue escalation to Program Manager and Project sponsors.
• Securing sign off deliverables from the appropriate parities
• Delivery of the project scope within budget and timelines
• Facilitating risk, assessment and mitigation of all risks.
• University Degree in related field and PMP Designation.
• Minimum 8-10 years’ experience in Project Management.
• Demonstrated ability in leading and managing multiple projects and matrix teams.
• Experience in education sector preferred but not mandatory.
• Excellent organizational skills with demonstrated ability to execute projects on time and on budget.
• Comfort working with highly technical IT subject matter experts.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills coupled with the ability to write or edit high quality business documents (e.g., master project plans, risk management plans, communication plans, progress reports, project wrap-up documentation).
• Excellent presentation, interviewing, facilitating, and negotiating skills.
• Ability to work with ambiguity.
• Superior meeting and time management skills.
• Proficient in the direct management of cross-functional project teams.
• Proficient with project management tools i.e., MS Project
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the capability of providing leadership to a diverse project team and interact comfortably with senior personnel in the organization.
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!