Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for a Scrum Master
Scrum Master (59302733)
Contract Duration: (6 months)
Location: Toronto, ON
• Organize and facilitate Project planning, daily stand-up meetings, reviews, retrospectives, sprint and release planning, and other Scrum-related meetings
• Verify that the Scrum team follows the client’s Agile Management Framework (AMF)
• Verify the development teams are practicing the core agile principles of collaboration, prioritization, team accountability, and visibility
• Verify all Scrum working sessions are adhered to throughout Project lifecycle
• Recommend improvements and assist in changes to recommended practices.
• Assist with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information
• Assist team with making appropriate commitments through story selection, task definition
• Adapting Project plans, schedules, and resource assignments as required to respond to emerging requirements and risks.
• Develop and maintain a solid partnership with key project and business stakeholders and work collaboratively towards a common goal
• Ensuring disciplined software development approach: continuous integration, refactoring practices, peer reviews, continuous QA, and sustainable pace as standard
• When necessary, taking responsibility for managing dependencies between delivery teams and third parties or between internal teams
• Ensure that the Scrum team is empowered, yet has solid processes and excellent discipline by following the client’s Agile Management Framework (AMF)
• Ensure the development teams are practicing the core agile principles of collaboration, prioritization, team accountability, and visibility
• Ensure all Scrum working sessions are adhered to throughout project lifecycle
• Bachelor's degree or combination of relevant education and experience
• Must be a certified Agile Practitioner or an industry Certified Scrum Master with 8-10 years project management and hands-on Scrum Master experience
• Thorough understanding of agile software development lifecycle methodologies, values, and procedures
• Multiple years’ experience working with an agile methodology during a large scale, complex new development project for a large enterprise
• Ability to understand technical issues at a high level
• Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work with diverse personality types
• Must have exceptional communication, organization, and time management skills
• Must be collaborative in driving decisions
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a high attention to detail
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!