Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for a Test Manager
Test Manager (59464536)
Location: Toronto, ON
• Represents the Test team at project initiation meetings to ensure understanding of, and provide expert opinion on, proposed solutions. Assists with the expansion and maintenance of the test knowledge repository, advises on test practice and process.
• Defines the project test approach strategy, reviewing and providing feedback on project assets, including system design and technical specifications, ensuring that the agreed solution is effective and testable.
• Uses technical knowledge to identify test process improvements, developing useful metrics to measure testing progress and to ensure quality delivery
• Using strong organization skills to provide high level and detailed test estimates, regularly monitoring actuals escalating to the Senior Test Manager when the possibility of exceeding agreed tolerance levels is indicated. Highlights deviants from targets, providing options to ensure that testing remains on track. Collaborates with PMO to ensure that all test preparation deliverables are on track and deviances from targets are managed effectively.
• Produces timely progress and quality metrics, identifying key risks and issues, implementing appropriate test solutions. Continually looks to contribute to the quality of the test process by proving suggestions for improvement / recommending changes to current procedures and processes.
• Creates and maintains resource plans, defining test work packages and allocating responsibility and activities to project testers, provides training and mentoring of less experienced team members.
• Provides leadership and development to the test team based in Canada, undertaking regular 1:1 performance reviews, supporting team development as appropriate. Responsible for the overall management of time estimations and test resources required for project delivery.
• Works in collaboration with test team and colleagues from BA/PMO/Development to ensure successful project delivery.
• Minimum 5 years software testing experience, ideally in an equivalent role, with experience of the Mutual Funds domain and Fundserv
• Fundserv interfaces (TFS, FFS, NFU & myserv)
• SQL & XML skills and experience of API/system integration testing
• Canadian financial products (RRSP, RESP, TFSA, LIF, RRIF etc.)
• ISEB Foundation in Software Testing
• Educated to Degree/Technical Diploma Level
• Excellent working knowledge of software testing theory, techniques and practices
• Test automation knowledge including script development, ideally using either UFT or QTP
• Recent Agile/Disciplined Agile project experience
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Strong organizational, estimating and planning skills
• Proven use of problem solving skills to resolve issues
• Ability to build strong working relationships both internally, and with external clients as required
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!