Project Manager Job, Ottawa, ON
Modis is searching for a Project Manager for a long-term assignment for our public sector client in the Ottawa area.
- 5-10 years Project Management experience
- Proven ability to manage successful business relationships with peers in various departments and at different levels of management
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Strong PC and Internet skills including working at the intermediate level in MS Office programs, especially MS Project
- Ability to manage ambiguity, uncertainty and constant changing priorities
- Strong interpersonal skills and sense of team spirit
The following skills/qualifications are considered an asset:
The tasks will include but are not limited to:
- Develop scope, manage the planning, implementation and delivery of projects to meet client requirements start to finish
- Manage project teams to deliver project scope on-time and budget
- Develop and manage project budget
- Manage project communications (proficient in power point)
- Prepare and present project status to the appropriate level of Governance
- Provide required project documentation to sponsor, executives and project team members, including: Project status, scope definition, project charters, detailed project management plans with schedule of key milestones, issue logs, budget tracking reports, weekly status reports and risk assessments/contingency plans
- Responsible for risk mitigation and planning
- Utilize project management methodologies and provide appropriate documentation that is consistent and reusable
- Respond to issues and manage the customer’s expectations regarding any changes during the project life cycle
Modis would like to thank all candidates for submitting to this job opportunity, however, only those with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted for further instruction and submission to the client.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!