6 months contract in Ville Saint Laurent.
The IT PMO Team is seeking an IT Project Coordinator to help drive the delivery of Infrastructure projects currently being managed in the IT project portfolio. In the immediate term, a project to be initiated include WIFI Upgrade. Other projects in the portfolio of IT projects are, global network transformation, global deployment of Office 365, global implementation of an ITSM solution.
The project coordinator will work in concert with the Senior Project Manager (PM Lead) currently responsible for these Infrastructure initiatives and with various other groups (i.e.: IT PMO, infrastructure team, security team, regional IT teams, sites, third-party vendors…) and will be located in Montreal (no traveling required). The resource has a minimum of 5 years experience in project coordination/management on similar projects and is known for his technical, organization, communication, solution driven approach, and team skills.
• Deliver against project plans & schedule and ensure its delivery as planned.
• Work with third-party vendors when required as part of the project delivery
• Works closely with technical staff to develop solutions to new or changing requirements
• Accurately presents information verbally and in writing to cross-functional teams on technical subjects
• Ensure changes to scope are identified early and raised to the attention of the PM Lead when appropriate
• Ensure that project timelines are respected and escalate any roadblocks to the PM Lead in a timely fashion
• Elevate information to PM Lead with regards to project health and identify risks to the projects
• Understand project objectives and work with project team members to help explain how technical solutions shall meet those goals in collaboration with SMEs or architecture
• Continuously improve project related tools, processes, and documentation
• Coordination of logistics around product deliveries for project deployments
• Perform follow-ups with end user clients as required
• Five years of experience providing project support and coordination activities in large scale IT infrastructure projects from initiation to closure
• Experience in working within cross-functional projects involving multiple stakeholders and varying levels of management
• Experience in working with Third-Party vendors
• Possess understanding of core IT infrastructure and service concepts
• Experience working in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment while prioritizing and managing multiple responsibilities
• Experience with project management best practices such as PMI, Macroscope an asset
• Bilingual (French and English, spoken and written)
• Proficiency with Excel a must and Microsoft Project an asset
• Good team skills and ability to deal with end users in a professional manner
• Intermediate-level knowledge in one or more of the following: IT Security, LAN, WAN, Wireless, Telecommunications, Systems Administration
• An understanding of IT Service Management concepts or ITIL certification an asset
• Experience with international projects involving multiple sites
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or relevant experience
• PMP Certification an asset