Our client is a global organization dedicated to putting information at the service of medicine.
Our primary purpose is to help clients increase the effectiveness of activities pertaining to scientific communication, medical education and product/service marketing. To this end, we want our information services to contribute to the goals we share with our clients, namely: to accelerate the advancement of medicine and help people enjoy better, longer lives.
We are currently looking for a Project Director. This role, reporting to the Chief Technology Officer will be involved in managing multiple web and mobile projects from inception to completion. The position involves interfacing with executives from different business units and setting and maintaining expectations and good relationships. An ability to understand both the business domains and the technology stack is a major driving factor to success in this role.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Manage projects for appropriate milestone deliveries ensuring a timely delivery;
2. Coordinate activities throughout the software development life cycle;
3. Communicate with stakeholders and manage project resources and environments to ensure successful end-to-end delivery;
4. Oversee technical business analysts, developers, quality assurance specialists and IT operations members to ensure seamless collaboration in delivery;
5. Understand and challenge specifications, designs and test cases to ensure quality and accuracy of estimates;
6. Create project documentation;
7. Review and suggest better processes for the project management group;
¿ 8+ years as a Project Manager in the web or mobile domain
¿ Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering or equivalent experience.
¿ Exposure to semi-structured and unstructured data (must)
¿ Proven track record of delivering concurrent complex projects on time and on budget.
¿ Ability to minimize and manage change requests.
¿ Strong priority and risk management skills.
¿ Strong communication skills and experience working with senior executive stakeholders.
¿ Working experience in a technical environment, web and/or mobile industry referred.