Project Manager - payroll implementation
Our client is looking for a Project Manager with experience in payroll & HR systems implementation. It's a 1 year contract downtown Montreal.
Oversee multiple projects or one large project. Provide a single point of contact for those projects. Pursue projects from original concept through final implementation. Interface with all areas affected by the project including end users, IT services, and client services. Define project scope and objectives. Develop detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans, and status reports. Conduct project meetings and follow up on project tracking and analysis. Ensure adherence to quality standards and review project deliverables. Manage and track the integration of vendor tasks. Provide technical and analytical guidance to project team.
Under the guidance of the R2R Program Manager, the HRMS Project Manager will support the global program strategies and plan, having the following main responsibilities:
• In collaboration with the Integrator’s team, facilitate planning, manage execution and monitor McGill business activities to analyze and confirm business processes, Workday configuration, rules and access setup, testing, Workday reporting, and translation for Recruitment to Retirement HR Processes (Human Capital Management, Academic Tenure and Promotion, Compensation, Recruiting, Performance management, Benefits, Absence, Payroll and Time tracking);
• Organize activities to create a reliable and repeatable Workday configuration process prior to last go-live conversion cycle;
• Organize and control project planned activities required to establish the HR optimal processes and system configuration involving 75 direct contributors from McGill and 20 Integrator’s experts.
• Contribute to the global testing and implementation strategies and plan and organize testing and go live activities accordingly;
• Prioritize delivery using value driven approach;
• Be an active contributor of the global integrated program management group.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• Education: Undergraduate Degree in Business, IT or Project Management
• Experience: 10+ years in a role of Project Manager
• Experience managing (up to delivery) large and complex projects with many stakeholders having different objectives;
• Experience managing (up to delivery) large-scale system implementation projects with major business process transformations;
• Experience managing (up to delivery) Canadian Payroll projects.
• Experience managing (up to delivery) major HRMS projects;
• Experience managing projects in an Agile environment;
• Certifications PMP/ or Agile or equivalent;
• Experience in Business solution delivery;
• Experience in managing projects involving more than 75 contributors;
• Experience in managing projects where the integrator plays an important role.
• Play a servant leadership PM role;
• Excellent active listening skills as well as organizational skills;
• Ability to influence others and move towards a common vision or goal;
• Ability to work in a fast-changing environment and to learn new tools/applications quickly;
• Strong people skills including respect, patience and diplomacy. Ability to work independently and collaboratively with and through others, fostering a cooperative team environment;
• Ability to develop strong relationship with team members;
• Strategic thinking with a holistic approach in regards to project management;
Skills And/Or Abilities:
- Demonstrated expertise and proficiency in project management methodologies and tools, resource management practices, and change management techniques
- Demonstrated ability to manage and lead teams in the successful delivery of IT projects, in scope, in budget and on time with the expected benefits.
- Strong ability to communicate, present and interact at the highest levels of the organization in an effective and meaningful way.
- Demonstrated leadership, interpersonal and conflict resolution skills based on a collaborative approach.
- Good team player with strong focus on delivering results to meet the business needs.
- Strong ability to manage multiple initiatives, establish priorities and meet deadlines. Able to look beyond the immediate problem to the wider implications and drive improvements.
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders and prioritize requests
- English spoken and written. French spoken and read.