Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for a Project Manager
Project Manager (60228216)
Contract Duration: (6 months)
Location: Toronto, ON
• Plans and executes projects including managing project scope, requirements changes, multiple and competing demands and priorities as well as determining and conveying impact on budget, time and risk using appropriate fact-based metrics / assumptions.
• Works with Business/Technology Owners to ensure that the deliverables achieve the business result that enables value creation.
• Seeks out industry trends and organizational knowledge to understand alternative approaches and/or solutions.
• Facilitates and/or manages the gathering of business requirements for enterprise-wide BU and IT solution.
• Develops integrated baseline project plans applying estimated models; documents estimating assumptions, refines plans and manages performance against them.
• Determines quality standards and oversees the execution / production of management documents.
• Identifies and manages project costs and budgets anticipating operational and tactical risks.
• Raises and tracks issues and conflicts, removes barriers, resolves project issues and escalates to immediate manager when required.
• Facilitates schedule and cost forecasting; mentors project managers/team members in determining risk based provisions.
• Sets up appropriate governance and oversight of all projects.
• Oversees project closure initiatives. Ensures projects follow established standards including delivery life cycle methods, IT Risk and compliance due diligence is applied and meets audit requirements.
• Manages project communications including status reports to executives, stakeholders, business units, vendors, project team, etc.
• Provides senior management with timely updates on project issues/risks. Identifies resources and skills required.
• Sets direction for the team and builds project management capabilities on the team.
• 5+ years’ progressive project-related experience
• Demonstrated leadership ability
• Experience managing projects with high level of value and a high level of complexity and uncertainty
• Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience PMP certification or equivalent (preferred)
• Advanced project management knowledge including plan development; scheduling methodology; project metrics gathering, analyzing, and reporting; risk and issue assessment and quantification methodologies; cost/benefit analysis and alternatives identification; budgeting, financials and benefits management
• Advanced people management knowledge and leadership skills, including talent management process (recruitment/selection, performance management, performance development/coaching, reward/recognition)
• Possesses a working knowledge of SDLC and Agile delivery methodologies
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!