Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for a Project Manager
Project Manager (60538947)
Contract Duration: (6 months)
Location: Toronto, ON
• Define test plans and ensure that products are defect free before User Acceptance Testing.
• Develop, track and manage project budget, project plans, timelines and scope.
• Effectively oversee project staff (direct reports, matrixed reports, contractors, and interns), delegating work to appropriate leads.
• Efficiently communicate to stakeholders to manage expectations and project progress.
• Ensure appropriate systems development and project management processes are being utilized.
• Ensure that necessary risk assessments are continually reviewed and monitored and proactively addressed in a timely fashion.
• Facilitate the User Acceptance Testing process, developing rollout plans and procedures.
• Lead teams of developers in the delivery of high-quality software solutions that meet business needs.
• Make presentations to steering committees or project sponsors.
• Manage medium to large scale projects working collaboratively with business stakeholders, vendors, and technical resources.
• Manage project resources including procuring project staff, developing, motivating, coaching and advising.
• Partner closely with other members of functional project teams to define business requirements.
• Prepare and present cost-benefit analyses.
• Successfully plan, execute, control and close projects against defined scope and budget using client procedures and policies.
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required. MBA or other related advanced degree preferred.
• Proven project management experience.
• Demonstrated ability to be flexible/ adaptable in exercising judgment in a changing environment and to manage competing priorities.
• Proven ability to learn business processes quickly and to work well with business partners at different levels within the organization.
• Strong ability to assess risk and apply management principles to technology applications/products and business functions.
• Experience delivering technology and business application solutions in a large-scale, multi-platform systems environment.
• Extensive practical experience and knowledge with techniques for planning, organizing, and monitoring multiple IT projects simultaneously.
• 5+ years’ experience as Project Manager or Project Control Officer
• Planview experience
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!