Sr Tester - SAP
Position/Title: Sr Tester - SAP
Length: December 31, 2017 – chance of extension
Start Date: June 2017
Modis is looking to identify a Senior Tester for a position in Calgary, Alberta with one of our clients.
The successful candidate will act as a SAP Testing Consultant providing testing and quality assurance services for their SAP environment.
- Evaluate business software and/or system requirements to ensure they can be translated into both functional and non-functional tests. Understand the business future state including the existing software/system’s capabilities along with any interfacing systems and the planned enhancements being made to both;
- Translate the business software / system requirements into detailed test cases and test sets and record them using HP ALM test management tool. Identify and create data required to execute test cases;
- Execute efficiently and effectively the test steps and record results in the HP ALM test management tool. Record any defects found along with supporting documentation and the steps to recreate the problem. Participate in defect review sessions with the software development team, the business analyst and the test manager to ensure clear communication of the defects found;
- Conduct peer review of test cases with other testers on the team to ensure quality. Suggest improvements which would improve the quality of work products;
- Provide the test manager with input to testing estimates and progress reports;
- Participate in independent quality assessments to ensure the products and services delivered by delivery/project managers, business analysts, test engineers and their suppliers meet or exceed quality standards and objectives;
- Collaborate with delivery, development, test, and business teams to fully understand the future business state and the proposed application/system changes being planned;
- Manage and coordinate day to day SAP testing activities at the project team level. Coordinates setup of test environments and test data management;
- Execute requirements review sessions to ensure completeness and full traceability. Review and understand detailed requirements and process flows for the new application/system. Analyze the requirement for testability and identify any inconsistencies or gaps which need correction/clarification from the delivery team;
- Architect, design, write and execute test cases and test plans to support the quality assurance activities throughout the software lifecycle. Keep detailed and meticulous records on the steps to recreate any defects encountered;
- Lead the software defect review meetings to provide prioritization and severity assessments of the defects to the business and IS teams. Manages the defect management process with the project team to tracks defect repair progress;
- Deliver testing estimates and progress reports to the test manager and project management team. Track testing financials and risks at the project team level;
- Participate in the continuous improvement of the processes associated with the HP testing suite and other quality processes along with the associated defect and test management activities;
- Conduct peer review of testing work products to ensure quality. Lead continuous improvement activities to improve the quality of work products within a specific project;
- Track IS quality within the established framework by providing input into key metrics to continuously improve the quality and effectiveness of IS processes and delivery capabilities.
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent work experience required;
- 8-10 years’ experience manual testing in SAP-based business applications;
- 5 years’ experience as a Tester on large or multiple SAP projects
- Certification in Software Quality (American Society for Quality - Certified Software Quality Engineer) or equivalent experience;
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with HP ALM or similar test management tools. Experience with HP QTP or HP LoadRunner is an asset;
- Certification in one of the following disciplines is an asset:
o ASQ CSTE - Certified Software Tester
o CSQE - Certified Software Quality Engineer
o ISTQB Advanced - International Software Tester Qualifications Board.
- Excellent analytical, prioritization and scheduling skills;
- Experience with Software Development Life Cycle for waterfall, iterative, agile and/or SAP ASAP project methodologies;
- Attention to detail and the ability to master new applications and technologies quickly;
- Professional presentation and demeanour as well as excellent customer liaison skills;
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal);
- Proven track record in working collaboratively in a team;
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and fast paced software release cycles.
Thank you for your interest, however only those being considered for this role will be contacted.
"Modis is one of the world's largest and most respected providers of Information Technology Resource Management (ITRM) services."