Senior Test Analyst
Position/Title: Senior Test Analyst
Length: 6 month initial contract
Start Date: March 5, 2018
Location: Calgary OR Edmonton, Alberta
Modis is looking to identify a Senior Test Analyst for a position in Calgary/Edmonton, Alberta with one of our clients.
The successful candidate will work closely with growing team that is leveraging industry leading tools and cutting edge techniques to help the team deliver digital solutions with a high standard of quality and reduced time to market. Working on a sprint-based delivery team, this role actively consults with internal stakeholders to develop a detailed understanding of digital solutions in order to build well-structured, easily maintainable test suites according to team standards, in a fast-paced DevOps environment.
- Experience defining testing strategies and leading QA teams on projects - 2+ years
- Experience with manual test planning and execution of Web and/or Mobile applications - 2+ years
- Experience with manual testing in SAP-based business applications
Nice to Have:
- Using Jira for issue (story, task, bug) management -1+ year
- Working QA Experience within an Agile and/or DevOps environment - 2+ years
- Involved with QA sprint planning activities while considering scope, effort and complexity - 2+ years
- Work with applicable team members to remedy defects uncovered during testing
- Using Zephyr for test management
- Experience leveraging risk based testing techniques
- Manually create test data in related systems and/or working with Test Data Analysts/Engineers to identify and automate the creation of the required test data.
- Mentor, coach and train team members
- Work alongside API and UI automation testers (in the majority of cases) to ensure sufficient test coverage
- Provide effective communication regarding issues, objectives, initiatives and performance to teams, peers and management.
- Help improve the QA practices and be involved with continuous improvement initiatives within the team
- Confident, approachable, collaborative, adaptable and resourceful.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven experience of presenting to groups of non-technical individuals/teams
Thank you for your interest, however only those being considered for this role will be contacted.
Modis will only present your resume to client’s when your explicit permission is obtained.
Modis maintains a general inbox for all IT candidates. If you are interested in being considered for other roles in the Calgary and/or Edmonton markets, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
"Modis is one of the world's largest and most respected providers of Information Technology Resource Management (ITRM) services."