Our client, one of the leading financial institutions in Toronto, is looking for a senior Infrastructure Designer/Architect to join their team.
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Business Studies, IT or relevant experience
• 10+ years of experience in IT
• 5 + years of experience in designing Enterprise Infrastructures running various Computer, Network & Storage ecosystems
• 5 + years of experience with Enterprise Storage Area Networks (HDS and EMC)
• Candidate should understand global information technology service models.
• Strong ability to perform and understand financial modelling.
• Experience working with a Global Service Provider
• Understands Service Provider governance models
• Strong knowledge of common IT organizational functions, inter-relations and dependencies
• Excellent communicator, demonstrating strong interpersonal and presentation skills
• Excellent capability to manage deliverables, influence, make recommendations, facilitate decisions, lead technical staff and organize work as it relates to the management level within Teachers’.
• Excellent verbal and written communication capability demonstrated at technical professional and customer/stakeholder levels
• Excellent in critical thinking and problem solving skills, planning and organizing and organizational change disciplines
• Experience in procurement or other sourcing experience
• Demonstrated capability to perform financial and performance analysis
• Project management capability
• ITIL Foundations certification preferred
• TOGAF certification preferred
• Extensive experience with developing strategies to provide highly reliable data center operations facilities leveraging data replication, server clustering, load balancing technologies.
• Experience with developing three and five year plans to aligned technology selection with TCO and ROI objectives.
• Experience in managing a complete Project Life Cycle process including but not limited to project; Request-Discovery- Planning-Delivery and Closure milestones
5 + years of experience with the following technologies:
• Data Centre Technologies: Microsoft AD, DNS, IIS and Windows Server, Linux Server, Data protection & replication solutions (CommVault), Enterprise storage (Hitachi, EMC, NetApp, PureStorage, Nutanix, etc.), Virtualization & cloud (VMware, Microsoft Azure, Office 365, etc.), Disaster Recovery (DR) systems
• Networking: TCP/IP, Ethernet, Fiber, VPN, Wireless networking, Wide Area Network (WAN) devices - Cisco Routers, Communication Gateways, Intruder Detection Systems (IDS), Network Firewalls (CheckPoint, Juniper), QRADAR security appliances.
• Hardware: Cisco switching, IBM iSeries, NetApp, EMC, PureStorage, Isilon and Hitachi SAN, Brocade & Cisco SAN switch, Dell server & Dell blade server infrastructure