Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for an Intermediate System Analyst
Intermediate System Analyst (System Administrator) (58492279)
Contract Duration: (12 months)
Location: Toronto, ON
• Work with Senior Systems Administrator to design, develop and implement system infrastructure for server environments and personal computing/desktop environments, and to configure, install, customize, and administer software packages.
• Perform system analysis, developing designs and system specifications for new system installations.
• Advise and provide expert knowledge on the technical feasibility of the proposed deliverables
• Research and assess new system/software/configuration options.
• Document non-functional or technical requirements to comply with corporate I&T directions and industry best practices
• Review and integrate all system requirements, including functional, security, performance, integration, and operations requirements
• Identify risks, issues and constraints associated with solutions.
• Ensure the delivered mission critical system is highly performing, secure, and scalable
• Participate in business requirement review and analysis
• Provide technical support to end users if necessary.
• Coach and mentor team members
• Perform other duties as required by the project.
• May be required to occasionally work after hours.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in administration of large scale server environment.
• Solid background on UNIX, Linux and Windows Server operating system.
• Good understanding of system administration, system security and system performance.
• Extensive experience in application administration and best practices for Atlassian software products: Confluence and Jira.
• Experience in administration of Oracle Databases in RAC and ASM environment.
• Experience in setup, configuration and administration of IBM WebSphere.
• Experience in setup, configure and administrate of virtual machine product like Oracle VM and/or VMWare.
• Experience in continuous development tool, for example SVN and jenkins.
• Basic programming skills in UNIX/Linux shell, and PHP.
• Experience in TCP/IP Network on Wireless, LAN, and WAN.
• Ability to solve complex technical issues in regarding integration between Unix/Linux and Windows.
• Experience with thin clients and mobile platforms would be an asset.
• Experience with ITIL related processes and best practices would be an asset.
• Must be a self-motivated team player with high energy and ability to work independently, as well as within a structured team environment.
• Must have excellent communication, inter-personal, and problem solving skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work on various type of OS systems, especially Linux, Unix, and Windows.
• Experience in coding Sun Solaris, SUSE Linux shell script in C-Shell or Bash Shell.
• Experience in JIRA and Confluence application setup, user administration, and customization of workflows and permissions, preferably in an intranet context.
• Experience in Windows Terminal Service and Remote Desktop Protocol.
• Experience in Oracle Database in RAC with ASM and Oracle Applications Server.
• Experience in PHP script.
• Knowledge of IBM WebSphere administration and configuration.
• Knowledge of LDAP, SAMBA, NFS and DNS services.
• Knowledge of TCP/IP.
• Basic knowledge of system hardware.
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!