Position/Title: Systems Administrator
Start Date: April 2018
Modis is looking to identify a Systems Administrator for a position in Calgary, Alberta with one of our clients.
The successful candidate will be responsible for Tier II/III Server operational support in a Windows environment. They will also assist in a Server migration/decommission. The successful candidate will provide specialized technical advice and services related to the planning, design, implementation, integration, maintenance and operational support of departmental IT infrastructure (Networking, Servers, Storage, and Security Appliances) in support of service delivery to internal and external clients, and stakeholders.
- University or college degree in Computer Sciences or equivalent
- 5-7 years of experience in Windows Server administration with 2000/2003/2008 and/or 2012 R2
- Experience providing specialized technical advice and services related to the planning, design, implementation, and integration of physical servers
- Experience collaborating with internal and external parties (e.g. Change Advisory Board, IT Security Coordinator, external vendors, suppliers, etc.) as required to plan changes or resolve complex technical issues
- Experience as an Administrator in a SCCM and SCOM environment
- Ability to define and implement IT related security improvements
- Experience migrating Windows servers and file clusters in an enterprise environment, as well as decommissioning/retiring servers
- Strong communication skills to work in a team environment as well as interaction with members of the business
- Must be able to pass an Enhanced Security Clearance
- Experience with Dell physical servers and Dell Open Managed Essentials
- Experience supporting VMware, Active Directory, Exchange, Citrix, and PowerShell scripting
- Experience supporting network and storage issues
- ITIL certified and/or experience working in an ITIL focused organization
- Familiarity with Remedy ticketing system
Thank you for your interest, however only those being considered for this role will be contacted.
Modis will only present your resume to client’s when your explicit permission is obtained.
Modis maintains a general inbox for all IT candidates. If you are interested in being considered for other roles in the Calgary and/or Edmonton markets, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
"Modis is one of the world's largest and most respected providers of Information Technology Resource Management (ITRM) services."