System Administrator Job, Ottawa, ON
Modis is searching for a System Administrator Professional for a long-term assignment for our public sector client in the Ottawa area.
The successful candidate MUST possess the following skills and experience:
• Government of Canada Security Clearance at the level of Reliability or higher;
• Experience with bash scripting;
• Strong knowledge of Perl and PHP;
• Experience installing and configuring Tomcat, Weblogic and Microsoft IIS.
The Tasks Will Include but Not Limited to:
• Install, monitor, upgrade and maintain operating systems.
• Install, monitor, upgrade and maintain hardware and software.
• Work with Business Analysts, Project Managers, Developers, and clients and stakeholders to maintain and improve software performance.
• Apply problem solving skills to troubleshoot and resolve technical problems.
• Ensure timely and reliable system administration procedures, such as backup and recovery.
• Analyze system performance and recommend improvements.
• Request new servers
• Analyze servers needed, processing power, licenses required, proper application Zoning, environments required, ip addresses needed on each boxes…
• Install/setup applications
• Build application build book and run book to document the installation and behavior of the application. Also to document the dependencies and infrastructure around the application.
• Analyze and request firewall rules to be opened
• Request DNS aliases, Nated Ip addresses, application certificates.
• Create/maintain Infrastructure diagrams
• Create bamboo deployment scripts
• Responsible of application security (running local VASCAN, MITS documentation, Business Request Documentation, Infrastructure documentation, etc...)
• Second level support for all BTB applications (before being redirected to developers)
• Write, debug and verify build and deployment scripts
• Deploy applications
• Monitor system performance
• System stress testing
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org
Modis would like to thank all candidates for submitting to this job opportunity, however, only those with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted for further instruction and submission to the client.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!