Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for a System Administrator
System Administrator (61442668)
Contract Duration: (6 months)
Location: Toronto, ON
• Provides wide ranging system administration in a multi-platform environment
• Responsible for general systems administration tasks including system configuration management, OS installations, security updates, urgent system patching
• Writes and implements scripts to automate tasks
• Ability to identify and troubleshoot hardware components that are problematic
• Performs daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, network disruption awareness and predefined key processes
• Reviews system logs, application logs and security logs
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required
• 5-7 years’ experience required
• Proven work experience as a Unix/Linux system administrator
• The incumbent must have an excellent application support working knowledge and in the following operating systems and technologies: Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Sun Solaris, Lenovo/Cisco/Sun hardware, NIS, DNS, LDAP, NFS, Apache, Websphere application server, Websphere MQ, Tomcat, Web proxy, Citrix on Unix and Veritas products (Volume Manager, File System, Netbackup, Clustering), monitoring tools, shell scripting, and Tidal Job Scheduler would be an asset.
• Working knowledge of Hadoop ecosystem is an asset
• Working knowledge of the following databases is an asset: Oracle, Sybase, Postgres.
• Working knowledge of LAN/WAN environments and protocols.
• Requires a minimum of 5 years job related experience and possesses analytical and proactive problem solving skills. Expert understanding in area of specialty.
• Ability to work with non-technical users.
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!